Thursday, April 26, 2012

Costume National: S12



What's black, white, and red all over? Costume National for Spring! I love the mix of different shades of grey together because its a simple idea but hard to do 'right.' Theres a lot of that in the show, with the introduction of a tonal plaid too. My favorite look in the show is the one I starred, the putty-colored trench, grey pants and the mix of two reds add an unexpected touch. The slouchy fit is just enough to feel effortless but not schlepy. I am also a sucker for the head-to-toe red-orange outfit... It's a great color and it has a prison-chic realness look. AND I have to mention those glitter shoes! Let me first say, I'm not huge on the shape of the shoes in the collection as they look like they were carved from a block of wood, BUT I think the shape is perfect for the glitter version. Definitely wanting to skip down the yellow brick road in those things!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...