Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dries Van Noten: Spring 2012



Today's runway snippet is Dries Van Noten. I have to say that this show wasn't getting much of my attention back in June, but spotting the shoes at Barney's a few weeks ago inspired me to do a post. First, those shoes are a major win for me because the design is super clean and simple which allows for that chunky stacked sole to take the stage. (And if you're thinking they look heavy... they are!) Taking a closer look at the collection, I see there are a lot of details I missed before such as the zippers and tie closures on pants and shorts. This is why I always circle back to the shows mid-season. I am starting to get bored (dare i say it) with that red/orange color that is everywhere right now so I find the navy-brown-black stripe to be refreshing. And the combo will be sticking around for fall.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...